Help with accessing other files on usb that stored bootable image(ex.1 chapter2)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  androcodyex 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Author

Jen
    Participant

I created a bootable image on a usb (I was using vmware for kali), but I forgot that I have other school related files ( window ) stored on that usb as well. Now I can’t access the usb through my host ( window machine). every time I tried to access, it told me to format the disk in drive D. Is there anyway to access those files(doc., ppt, excel) anymore ? Thanks

Rocco Barbini
    Participant

By creating a bootable USB, you almost certainly lost the rest of the contents. For the future, you should make sure that the drives that you use for this purpose are empty.

Also, I would suggest that you always keep more than one copy of important files on multiple phisical drives (or in the cloud).

androcodyex
    Participant

Hello jen, before creating a USB key to boot is recommended to make a backup if you have information on it, as it will probably cause the complete loss of data and possibly damage your configuration without possibility of repair.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.