Exercise 5, Chapter 3 – Working with hardware
- Plug in your USB drive into your Kali instance.
- Determine the device name attached to it.
- Plug in your Wireless USB card into your Kali instance.
- Determine the chipset and model of the wireless card.
Please note that if you are having trouble with basic Linux commands and concepts, you should strongly consider taking a free Linux course (like this one) before continuing your Kali training. Remember, Kali Linux in not for Linux beginners!
- Check out lsusb and dmesg.
Food for thought
- What type of device is /dev/urandom ?
- Where can you find configuration files for services?
- A character device: ls -l /dev/random