Exercise 2, Chapter 8 - Getting to know dpkg.
- Find the path to the atk6-alive6 binary.
- Determine the package that installed it and the other files included in the package.
- Search for locally installed packages which have “wifi” in their name.
- Search for tools in the Kali repository which have “wifi” in their name.
- List the installed files which originated from the nmap package.
1. Find the path:
2. Determine what installed atk-alive6 and other files include in the package:
dpkg -S atk6-alive6
3. Search for locally install packages with "wifi" in the name:
dpkg -l |grep wifi apt-cache search wifi |grep wifi
4. List the files that originated from the map package:
dpkg -L nmap