Exercise 1, Chapter 8 - Mirror redirection
- Find out which mirror would serve your ISO download request, if you were to try to download a Kali ISO from cdimage.kali.org.
- Configure a source entry in your sources.list file. Update your package cache.
- Add the kali-bleeding-edge repository to your system and install the bleeding-edge version of the 'set' package
Asciinema solution (copy and paste from video permitted):
1. Check the mirror with:
curl -sI http://cdimage.kali.org/README
2. To enable source repositories, uncomment this line in /etc/apt/sources.list:
deb-src http://http.kali.org/kali kali-rolling main contrib non-free
3. To enable the kali-bleeding edge repos, add this line to /etc/apt/sources.list:
deb http://http.kali.org/kali kali-bleeding-edge contrib non-free main
Next, sync with apt-get update:
Then install the bleeding edge version of set:
apt install set/kali-bleeding-edge